Wednesday, September 21, 2011

bearcat

ComScore
This is Bearcat, Grand Rapids' latest, featuring a fine tuned blend of alternative, rock, and electronic music. It's organic electronic music with real vibrations, so you can dance without selling your soul to the button-pushing devil. These boys have been working hard to produce a sound they can really be proud of, and they make it show with their first ep.

Bearcat Master is Garrett Isham, who might as well be related to me, has impeccable taste and skill, and a perfectionist's determination I can appreciate. "Let's do this and let's do it right", is what I imagine this project is expressing for G.

Not only does he have the talent, but he's also got the friends to back him up. I know he's chosen wisely - the bassist actually is related to me! Yes, Andrew Mikkelsen, my one and only blood brother mans the bass, Mike Graham bangs the drums, and Weston Adams on the guitar complement Garrett's vocals and synth.


Keep an eye on this worthy addition to Grand Rapids' repertoire!


-n






p.s. which song is your favorite? can you choose? i'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!

3 comments:

  1. I like Glastonfury the most out of them all! Is that Andrew singing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fire eyes is my favorite too! and i think it's actually garret singing! he's good, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete

tell me about it.