Tuesday, April 7, 2015

HEAR HERE: 27 Club | Janis Joplin

 Lately I've been feeling the sass and soul of this lady more than usual. Maybe it's the sunshine and free feeling that comes with spring and the triumph over another winter. 

"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose."
Richard Goldstein wrote for the May 1968 issue of Vogue magazine that Joplin was "the most staggering leading woman in rock... she slinks like tar, scowls like war... clutching the knees of a final stanza, begging it not to leave... Janis Joplin can sing the chic off any listener."

I couldn't choose which album to share, so I consulted Heather, my closest Janis expert, who didn't hesitate to request this one, "I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again."
If you've placed an order from my shop in the last six months, there's a good chance your package came adorned with these Janis Joplin stamps, along with Jimi Hendrix stamps, another member of the 27 Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me about it.