Tuesday, December 13, 2011

cat power

 I'm slightly obsessed with Cat Power.

For those of you unaware, Cat Power is actually a woman named Chan Marshall who makes utterly beautiful music. She's been making music for about twenty years, constantly changing and evolving over time. She started playing grunge-ish music in the 90s and then eased into elegant beautiful compositions with delta blues bands backing her up over the last decade or so. She rules at covering songs. She has impeccable taste when choosing what to cover. She's definitely a roots girl and pays homage to those roots with her worthy renditions.


This album, Jukebox, was the first thing I heard from her and it had a huge impact on me. It's one of her covers albums and I fell so hard for this album. I felt like it was made for me. Like we had a late night discussion about music and all our favorites and then she made it into an album. With some seriously legit blues musicians. 


She's a strange, beautiful, genuine masterpiece of a person and I can't get over her.

goodnight, 
nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me about it.